Amoxicillin 500 MG
Amoxicillin is a bacteria-fighting penicillin antibiotic. It is prescribed for a variety of bacterial illnesses, including tonsillitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, and infections of the ear, nose, throat, skin, and urinary tract.
To treat stomach ulcers caused by Helicobacter pylori infection, amoxicillin is occasionally used with another antibiotic called clarithromycin (Biaxin). This combination is sometimes combined with lansoprazole, a stomach acid reducer (Prevacid).
Patients with COVID-19 should be treated with doxycycline and either amoxicillin or a combination of other medications if a bacterial infection is suspected, but antibiotics should be withheld or stopped if a bacterial infection is unlikely. – According to the COVID-19 guidance of the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
- If you are allergic to any penicillin antibiotic, such as ampicillin, dicloxacillin, oxacillin, penicillin, or ticarcillin, you should not take amoxicillin.
- If you have renal disease, mononucleosis (commonly known as “mono”), antibiotic-induced diarrhoea, or food or drug sensitivities, tell your doctor before using this prescription (especially to a cephalosporin antibiotic such as Omnicef, Cefzil, Ceftin, Keflex, and others).
- It’s unclear whether this medication may harm an unborn child. If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant, tell your doctor.
- Amoxicillin can reduce the effectiveness of birth control tablets. To avoid pregnancy, talk to your doctor about taking non-hormonal birth control (condom, diaphragm, cervical cap, or contraceptive sponge).
- Breastfeeding may not be safe while taking this medication. Inquire with your doctor about any potential risks.
If you have symptoms of an allergic reaction to amoxicillin (hives, difficulty breathing, swelling in your face or throat) or a severe skin reaction, seek medical attention right once (fever, sore throat, burning eyes, skin pain, red or purple skin rash with blistering and peeling).
Immediately contact your doctor if you have:
Stomach ache that is severe or diarrhoea that is bloody or watery (even if it occurs months after your last dose).
The following are some of the most common amoxicillin adverse effects:
- Diarrhoea and
How to take Amoxicillin 500 MG tablet?
Follow your doctor’s instructions when taking an amoxicillin 500 MG tablet. Read all drug guides or instruction sheets and follow all guidelines on your prescription label.
Do not crush, chew, or break the normal pill instead, swallow it whole.
How to store?
Store away from moisture, heat, and light at room temperature. Keep it away from the reach of children and animals.